Sunday, October 26, 2014

Week 3: Skill building websites and Delicious system


Hi All!

One more week passed. What is an outcome?

An outcome, as usually, is fascinating. I knew a lot from our readings and recourses. For the first, 'Teaching Pronunciation to adult English Language learners' (www.cal.org/caelanetwork/resources/pronumciation.html) article drew my attention to evidence-based strategies for teaching pronunciation. I find ‘Pronunciation checklist’ designed by Nora Samosir very helpful as we develop our students’ pronunciation goal. The article provides the number of activities to help learners use word stress correctly, which I’ve already started to use at the beginning of my classes.

My personal finding of this week is Larry Ferlazzo’s list of best sites. The ‘English Central’,’Art of storytelling’, ‘Vocaroo’, ‘Blabberze’ are those I’ve started to use for my classes right after I knew about them.

The next step I made new discovery opening a Delicious planet. This easy to use bookmarking system lets me keep my own track of the useful links ever found. I can access it from anywhere, share others bookmarks, edit ‘tags’ to be more precise. There is an option to make a link private, which I like. In fact, it is a wonderful ‘boat’ in the information ‘ocean’.

Finally, Project Samples were very helpful to grasp an idea of our final project. I analyzed Aleyda Linares project (https://alegrammarwork.wordpress.com). It is definitely worth of attention in terms of introducing the class blog.

Summing up, I consider this week recourses are underestimated for our everyday teaching practice.

Hugs,
Marina,
Kyrgyzstan.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Marina,

    Please visit this new blog I have created and leave comments

    http://webskillswriteenglish.blogspot.com/

    Best,
    Gordana from Serbia

    ReplyDelete